The JU Classical Antiquity and its Heritage Student Society is organising the Interdisciplinary International Academic Conference ‘Body’, which will take place online on the Google Meet platform from 28 to 29 September 2022. The main topic of the conference is the relationship between Classical Antiquity and the body. The organisers invite proposals for fifteen-minute presentations from people representing diverse disciplines, backgrounds and perspectives.
The conference welcomes contributions related to (although not limited to) the following aspects of its topic:
- archaeological (funeral customs)
- philosophical (dualism of body and soul; metaphor of the state as an organism)
- literary (characteristics of divine bodies; metamorphoses - reward or punishment?)
- cultural studies (beauty treatments; the role of sport)
- religious studies (the role of the body in the cults of deities, the body after death)
- history of art (canons of beauty, nudity in art)
- 30 VI 2022 – Abstract submission deadline - until then the prospective participants should fill out the registration form: https://forms.gle/gKV7RMhXUXDFSxiD7
- 31 VI - 4 VII 2022 - The Advisory Board chooses abstracts of papers which will be presented at the conference.
- 5 VII 2022 - The organizers contact the prospective participants whose abstracts have been accepted and provide them with the conference schedule.
- 28 – 29 IX 2022 - The conference
The abstract (in English or Polish) should contain the thesis of the paper and the most important information contained in it (short summary). It should be written with short and precise sentences outlining the structure of the presentation and its issues.
The link to the meeting on Google Meet platform will be sent to participants via e-mail and shared on the conference Facebook page.