Responding to an appeal by the staff members of the Jagiellonian University concerning initiatives in support of Ukrainian research community, an opportunity has been created for the funding of projects carried out by researchers from Ukraine from the funds of the ID.UJ programme.
Terms of providing financial assistance to researchers from Ukraine funded by the ID.UJ programme:
- The financial assistance may be used for the implementation of new research projects at Jagiellonian University, and may be provided to Ukrainian citizens who arrived in Poland after 24 February 2022 in the aftermath of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, and who
- are holders of a doctorate or equivalent title (Ukrainian Candidate of Sciences)
- worked and did research at a research entity in Ukraine before the outbreak of the war.
- The financial assistance will cover:
- hiring of a researcher (contract of employment, civil-law contract) for 12 months. The total pool allocated for salaries from the funds of the ID.UJ programme may not exceed PLN 100,000 (gross amount including payer costs). In the event that the proposal is recommended for funding, the JU host entity may increase the amount of remuneration using its own funds including ID.UJ resources at the disposal of the head of the entity;
- research worth up to PLN 30,000. In the event that the proposal is recommended for funding, the JU host entity may increase the amount allocated for research using its own funds including ID.UJ resources at the disposal of the head of the entity.
- The host entity should assign to the Ukrainian researcher an academic supervisor (an academic teacher employed at Jagiellonian University, holding the degree of doctor with habilitation or the title of full professor) who does research in the same domain as Ukrainian researcher or in a related one and who will present a plan for integrating the researcher with academic community and information on collaborations to date, if any. Accepted will be only proposals submitted electronically using the form available at: https://forms.office.com/r/fHcQGUzHDt
- The initiative to submit a proposal may come from the researcher(s) from Ukraine or from the JU researcher(s).
- A proposal outlining the research tasks to be carried out, their schedule and budget shall be submitted by the researcher in consultation with their academic supervisor on dates and on locations specified by the head of the host entity. The proposal shall be filled out either in Polish or in English. Template power of attorney is attached as Annex 1 to this Communication. Accepted will be only proposals submitted electronically using the form available on the website.
- The assistance may be offered for a period of up to 12 months.
- The researcher from Ukraine and their academic supervisor must submit a report on the implementation of the assistance within 30 days of concluding research activities at JU .
- Administrative assistance for the programme is provided by the host entity in accordance with regulations applicable under the ID.UJ programme throughout JU entities.
- The programme will extend assistance to 10 projects.
- Proposals may be submitted until 31 December 2022 or until the funds allocated for the assistance have been exhausted.
- The selection of proposals to be funded will be made by the Chair of the Board for the ID.UJ Programme.
phone: +48 12 663 38 56,
phone: +48 12 663 30 24,
It is strongly recommended that the proposals are submitted in calls dedicated to researchers from Ukraine announced by the state funding institutions, i.e. NCN, MEiN, NAWA.
COMMUNICATION BY THE CHAIR OF THE BOARD FOR THE ID.UJ PROGRAMME