The organisers extend a warm invitation into the realm of Anglo-Saxon imagination, be it historical, literary or linguistic, to all scholars and students (BA, MA, PhD) interested in the study of the Anglo-Saxon period and Anglo-Saxon related themes across centuries.
This year the conference encourages the participants to plunge into the realm of the supernatural, the unknown, the other, the monstrous. The discussion of such themes can assume different forms and will, hopefully, allow for a wide range of interpretations.
Papers may address, but are not limited, to the following:
- the supernatural / monstrosity
- historical linguistics / language change
- the other / social inclusion or exclusion
- sociolinguistics / language contact
- historical writing / historical imagination
- religion / beliefs (Pagan and Christian)
- charms / magic
The conference language is English. The organisers invite students and scholars from various academic fields to submit their proposals (c.a. 250 words) for twenty-minute papers. The submission deadline is 30 December 2018.
The registration form is available at: https://goo.gl/forms/g0NAacEQcsskqE3Q2