The Department of Mediterranean Politics and Culture of the JU Institute of European Studies and the Department of Political and Juridical Sciences and International Studies at the University of Padua are organising an international conference devoted to European nationalist parties and groups after 1945 in a broader, comparative perspective, with a particular focus on their attitude towards the idea of a united Europe.
The conference is part of a broader research project implemented by the Institute of European Studies of the Jagiellonian University and the Department of Political Science, Law and International Studies (SPGI) of the University of Padua entitled “Nationalism and Europe. European Nationalisms in Historical and Comparative Perspective”.
Besides the aforementioned guiding concept of the meeting, the conference will deal with the following phenomena:
- Nationalism and European federalism
- The idea of European identity and the idea of national identity
- Contemporary parties and nationalist groups towards the EU and its policies
- Contemporary ethno-nationalisms and Europe
- Euroscepticism and populism
- Sovereignty-oriented ideologies
The conference will feature panels of small groups, during which the speakers will to present 20-minute lectures serving as starting points for discussion.
- until July 15, 2019 - submitting the filled registration form and an abstract
- until the end of August 2019 - sending information about the acceptance or refusal of the abstract
- until September 15, 2019 - payment of the conference fee
- October 24-25, 2019 - the conference sessions
- until February 15, 2020 - submission of the full conference paper
Polish and English
Conference fee:450,00 PLN (350,00 PLN for PhD students and staff of JU Faculty of International and Political Studies) which will enable to cover both the costs of meals for participants and the expenses on post-conference publications. The conference fee does not cover the travel and accommodation expenses. The reviewed monograph will be published in English.