The following edition of the international research and training conference will be devoted to “controversies in physiotherapy”. The programme will include practical workshops, as well as presentations by Polish and foreign specialists from the area of physiotherapy, osteopathy and medicine.Physiotherapy is gaining more and more importance as an integral part of treatment of many diseases. Recently, it has undergone rapid development and is currently understood as part of the holistic treatment of patients, along with pharmacotherapy, surgery and psychotherapy. But wrongly applied physiotherapy can bring more harm then good, which underlines the necessity of careful selection and use of physical treatment methods.
The conference will focus on the following issues:
- physiotherapy, osteopathy, and manual therapy – common denominators
- use of selected physiotherapy methods in urogenital system disorders
- new trends of cancer patients physiotherapy
- disability as a challenge in sports
- new trends in stomatognathic system physiotherapy
- challenges in neurological patients rehabilitation
- role of physiotherapy in preventing amputations in patients with lower limb atherosclerosis.