The Centre for International Studies and Development of the Jagiellonian University is now a member of the European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI).
The EADI is the leading European network in the field of Development Studies: With more than 100 institutional members in more than 25 countries it organises activities and provides platforms for international networking and exchange with a strong interdisciplinary focus. EADI’s flagship events are the General Conferences every three years which bring together the wider Development Research community around a specific topic. The official languages of the EADI are English and French. The association is funded through membership fees as well as by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (Germany).
The EADI is the prime professional association for development studies. As such it promotes:
- quality in research and education in development studies,
- the exchange of relevant information among members and with others,
- the strengthening of relevant knowledge networks at the regional and global level,
- influencing both national and European decision-makers in the development cooperation field.
The association aims to:
- generate and stimulate and exchange of information among European academics and researchers concerned with development issues,
- promote interdisciplinary studies on specific themes,
- develop contacts with researchers from other regions of the world.
For more information, visit the EADI website.