The JU Institute of Archaeology is hosting the 5th International Numismatic and Economic Conference: Pecunia Omnes Vincit, which will be held on May 18-19, 2018.
The conference will address the following topics:
- micro and macroeconomics in the ancient and medieval world,
- currency system, coin production and circulation,
- trade and economic integration,
- commercial transactions and markets,
- iconography, identity and propaganda,
- coins in archaeological context and literary sources.
The conference is addressed to students and PhD students of archaeology, history, and related sciences. The participants of previous editions included young scholars from Austria, Bulgaria, Hungary, Latvia, Italy, Poland and the UK.
The sessions will consist of 20-minute presentations in English. More information for prospective participants is available on the conference website.